As an experienced Payroll Specialist, you will be responsible for payrolls spreading across multiple provinces in Canada. Our employees will count on you to deliver a consistent and high-quality payroll.
You will be a bilingual, (fluent in French and English), payroll professional and have extensive experience managing time and attendance systems and collaboration within multiple business functions.
You are a self-starter and an organized professional who will be expert in processing the payrolls for groups of employees including weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly pay runs in a timely and efficient manner and carry out month end activities required for payroll.
You are detail and improvement-oriented and will perform audits within the payroll and benefits system and will generate and distribute robust payroll reports while ensuring confidential information is managed as per guidelines.
You love a challenge and have strong problem solving and analytical skills with a ‘can-do’ attitude and will troubleshoot payroll issues and answer related queries for all employees
As a true payroll specialist, you will maintain employee payroll data, administer benefits, process Tax forms, ROE's and conduct benefits deduction and support ad hoc payroll improvement projects.
- Accreditation through Canadian Payroll Association, (PCP)
- 3 plus years of payroll experience for multisite locations across different Canadian provinces
- Must be fluent in English and French- Both written and verbal
- Experience and ease with Microsoft products (High proficiency with MS Excel)
- Sage 300 or other payroll/timekeeping system knowledge is preferred
- Knowledgeable in payroll and tax legislation/compliance for all Canadian provinces
- Able to process multi-provincial payroll for 100+ salaried employees
- Able to prepare all government remittances for Revenue Canada, Revenue Quebec, and Service Canada
- Exceptional attention to detail and proven aptitude for numbers and accuracy
- Ability to reconcile payroll accounts
- Knowledgeable in payroll accounting is an advantage
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- With organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure while meeting all deadlines
- US payroll experience is an advantage
- Practical knowledge of provincial Workers Comp codes and legislation
This role is open for remote working and is part of our payroll and finance team.
This is an excellent opportunity that offers working flexibility and an opportunity to challenge yourself.
Drake International Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
About Drake International:
Drake International is the pioneer in the recruitment and talent management industry. More than recruitment, Drake offers a suite of HR solutions that support the strategic assessment, development, and evaluation of people to assist HR leaders and managers alike.
Founded in 1951, with one location in Winnipeg over 60 years ago, we are a true Canadian success story! Drake International is now a Global operation with branches across Canada and around the world. Our teams work with top brands, supporting their workforce planning efforts and people strategies. The entrepreneurial spirit that the business was founded on is still alive in our company.
Our business is about PEOPLE and our fixation on superior customer service is the core pillar that will enable an unprecedented user experience for all. We are committed to our core values of Respect, Agility, Pride, Passion, and Integrity.
- Our team: Drake prides itself on our people and our culture of performance…and fun. From monthly employee recognition programs and sales contests (yes, we give away iPads) we reward hard work!
- Compensation: Drake International offers a competitive base salary and commission structure as well as a complete benefits package. We offer great benefits that include three weeks’ vacation to start and a company pension plan.
- Training and development: we offer on the job training, coaching, an online learning academy and opportunities for learning and career development