Do you have previous warehouse supervisor or team lead experience? Are you organized and like to see everything tidy? Do you have experience with GMP?
Our client located in Whitby is looking for a team lead to run the day-to-day activities of our lumpers.
- Working with the branch lumping desk to ensure lumpers are scheduled adequately to cover the warehouse and carrier lumping requirements
- Oversee and coordinate the lumping activities at the client location
- Responsible for onsite orientation and on-site health and safety training of new employees and current employees where and when needed
- Ensure productivity, quality and customer service standards; and, achieve the appropriate level of volume requirements with the time frame of the shifts.
- Ensure the lumping team is aware of their schedules and, performing the duties as required
- Be a hands-on mentor and coach to ensure that the daily operations meet and exceed daily performance expectations
- Distribute work and trailer loads fairly
- Report any site concerns to the Drake Office and take actions advised from Drake that may need to take place.
- Address issues that arise from clients. If the client requests that someone leaves the facility, you will take the instruction from the client at the time of the incident and immediately report to the Drake office.
- Working closely with the client and the Drake team to ensure Health & Safety protocols are being followed and to also ensure if there are any injuries, they are reported in a timely manner
- Interface with the client and the carriers to answer questions, solve problems and encourage a working partnership
- Measure and record in-house and carrier production daily on the Drake Dashboard
- Advise the Drake office of time off request and ensure adequate coverage is available during this time.
- Advise Drake of gaps where staff is needed.
- Advise the Drake office of payroll issues brought to the attention
- Palletizing experiencing is an asset
- Min of 3 years warehousing experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Hands-on commitment to getting the job done
- A strong understanding of customer service
- Proven ability to coordinate operations
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong time management skills
- Knowledge of MS Office and Excel
Refer a Friend
Introduce your friends to Drake and we will pay you up to $500* if we place your friend in a permanent position. You can also earn $50* if we place your friend in a temporary assignment. * Please see your local branch for details. (Offer not available in the province of BC)