Class 3 driver with air brake endorsement
Are you looking for truck driving work in Winnipeg?
Do you have previous class 3 or class 1 driving experience?
We’re hiring a Class 3 Driver with Air Brake Endorsement for a world-leading steel manufacturer and scrap operator in Winnipeg! The successful candidate is fully available Monday – Friday, has great customer service skills, the ability to work safely and efficiently and a clean drivers abstract. The total compensation package includes amazing benefits! This position has an immediate start and offers a fantastic opportunity to grow within the company.
What we offer:
- This is a full-time opportunity
- Shift available: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
- Pay Rate: $19.63/Hour, moving to $23.86 after probation
- Near Springfield
- Contract to Permanent Opportunity after 4 months
- Opportunity to grow within the company
- Competitive wages and bonus opportunities
- Family medical, dental, and prescription coverage at minimal employee cost
- Short- and long-term disability programs
- Competitive retirement plans
- Paid vacations and statutory holidays
- Apprenticeship and career advancement within the company
- Tuition reimbursement
What you do:
- Have a complete understanding of the Canadian Federal and Provincial rules and regulations relating to driver hours, driver logs, weight restrictions, height restrictions, tarp requirements
- Perform all pre-trip and post trip inspections daily – reporting all discrepancies and/or potential unsafe conditions immediately
- Making sure all maintenance items are taken care of, i.e., greasing, tire pressure, etc. per maintenance policy
- Ensure equipment is kept clean and secured in a designated area
- Monitor overweight loads/unsafe conditions – contact dispatch personnel immediately of any infractions prior to leaving supplier site
- Handle all requests and complaints made by the suppliers, communicating any shortfalls in service, regardless of nature to dispatch personnel and/or immediate supervisor
- Moving material in the yard when needed
- Must have the ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Recognize potential hazards in and around the service area, reporting all unsafe conditions to dispatch personnel immediately
- Handle a large number of container collections, communicating delays that may impact the remaining schedule to the dispatcher
- Other duties as required by the immediate Supervisor
Who you are:
- A High School Diploma or GED equivalency
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related dispatch experience
- Class 3, with air brake endorsement Driver’s License
- O.T. rules and regulations related to over the road carriers and local deliveries
- Must have the ability to work long and strenuous (working) hours and endure poor weather conditions
- Must be punctual and dependable – absences must be kept at a minimum, scheduling time off to effectively staff department
- Must have the ability to deal with the suppliers in a positive, courteous, and respectful manner
- Able to pass a criminal background check.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply today! Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
About Drake International:
Since 1951, Drake International continues to be a global leader in flexible and permanent staffing: we help businesses find the perfect candidate and job seekers find the perfect career in Canada and across the globe. Connect with us today.