Title: Driver Team Leader
Are you looking for a dynamic Team Lead position as a next step in your Career?
Do you have 2-3 years’ experience in a leadership role preferably in transportation industry?
If yes, then we have a great, full-time opportunity to work as a Team Lead- Drivers in Surrey and Delta area for one of our client’s.
As a driver team leader, you’ll focus on communicating expectations and managing a team of drivers to ensure safe and timely deliveries. You’ll also be responsible for monitoring drivers in fleet, managing incidents in real time when issues such as accidents, breakdown etc. occurs.
Our client is one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, a Top Fleet Employer, and an equal opportunity employer. They value Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace and encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, visible minorities, aboriginals, and persons with disabilities.
What we offer:
- Salary based on experience, between $65,000- $70,000 annual.
- Bonus and benefits plan
- This is a full-time permanent position
What you do:
- Provides supervision and leadership by planning daily workload distribution.
- Effectively manage delivery performance, hours of service compliance, off route miles and driver scheduling of the assigned fleet drivers.
- Manage new drivers onboarding, scheduling, and engaging in driver training with a team of driver trainers.
- Communicate and interact with the management team to resolve and reinstate delivery issues through contingency plan.
- Providing Support to the compliance and safety team by ensuring reasonable actions are taken to prevent accidents and injuries.
Who you are:
- Knowledge of MTI regulations, transportation industry standards and load planning
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in transportation industry
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a leadership role
- Excellent customer service skill
- Exceptional multitasking and leadership skills
- Good decision making
- Strong attention to detail
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply today! Please submit your resume at AKaur@na.drakeintl.com.
About Drake International:
Since 1951, Drake International continues to be a global leader in flexible and permanent staffing: we help businesses find the perfect candidate and job seekers find the perfect career in Canada and across the globe. Connect with us today.