Warehouse Associate/Lumper – (AM)
Drake International is looking for a high performing Warehouse Associate with 1 year experience to join our Calgary client’s team.
The Warehouse Inventory Associate is to perform all warehouse operations tasks involved in the staging, storing, picking, distributing, receiving, and shipping of material.
Required education: Highschool graduate or equivalent
Required experience: 1 year directly related to warehouse operations (inbound/outbound inventory transactions, staging, storing, picking, distributing, receiving, and shipping) in a fast-paced environment.
Schedule: Fixed Weekly Schedule: Monday to Friday – 5 AM to 1:30 PM
Reports to: Warehouse Supervisor
Job Type: Full-time ongoing work
Job Location: Balzac, AB
Travel Requirements: Car required
- Perform all tasks involved in staging, storing, picking, distributing, receiving, and shipping of material.
- Be able to pack, label, wrap, and load outbound shipments.
- Operate material handling equipment to move material through facility as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
- Continually clean up scrap, cardboard, and strapping—and discard in proper containers, or move into designated areas.
- Must have own car.
- Excellent English communication skills (written and spoken).
- Must have CSA approved steel toed footwear
- Must be a highly motivated, dependable/reliable, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Ability to meet or exceed productivity standards and accuracy targets, while maintaining a high quality of work.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks that may require light to moderately heavy lifting (up to 50lbs).
- Complete hazard assessments and remove or reduce risk of injury when manual lifting is needed
- Use the equipment provided for lifting, lowering, pushing, pulling, carrying, handling, or transporting heavy or awkward loads.
- Report near misses and complete incident reports when needed.
- Takes initiative to look for and implement improvements to warehouse operations, helping to reduce or eliminate nonvalue adding activities.
- Physical demands exceed those of sedentary work with a moderate amount of walking, standing, moving, bending, and climbing stairs daily.
- Experience in driving a forklift is an asset.
- Positive attitude, high energy, self-motivated individual who demonstrates flexibility and adaptability.
HOW TO APPLY
We thank every candidate in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $17.00 per hour to begin with
5AM – 1:30 PM – Fixed schedule
Monday to Friday
We pay Weekly!
We are looking forward to hearing from you today - Work begins immediately.
About Drake International:
Since 1951, Drake International continues to be a global leader in flexible and permanent staffing: we help businesses find the perfect candidate and job seekers find the perfect career in Canada and across the globe. Connect with us today.
Refer a Friend
Introduce your friends to Drake and we will pay you up to $500* if we place your friend in a permanent position. You can also earn $50* if we place your friend in a temporary assignment. * Please see your local branch for details. (Offer not available in the province of BC)