Human Resources Partner
The Human Resources Partner is an integral role within this fast-paced solutions centric call center. On behalf of our client, we are looking for a hands-on partner who has experience aligning human resources functions to the business strategy. You can expect an interesting environment where you are part of a team making sure the business runs smoothly and optimally.
As the Human Resources Partner, you will be helping develop and maintain successful employee relationships with a professional and honest approach. You will also be identifying opportunities to boost morale, efficiency, and workplace relationships. You will be doing check-ins with team members and leaders, as well as discussing team member concerns to find resolutions.
What we offer
- Monday – Friday
- Day Shift - Full Time Hours
- Hybrid model of work (mostly remote but will need to go in the office, the office is in Moncton, NB)
- Company benefits after probation
- 100% employer paid group benefits plan
- Employee and family assistance programs
- Paid competitive vacation plan
- Free basic CAA membership
- Vetster Virtual Pet Care
- Spot Pet Insurance Plan
- Maple Virtual Nurse Practitioner and Doctor care
- Pension plan with employer contributions
- Gym membership discount
- Office equipment reimbursement program
- Wellness reimbursement program
- Incentive and Bonus programs
- Telus virtual Pharmacy program
What you bring
- At least 3 years of experience in Human Resources (as an HR generalist or similar)
- Proven experience dealing with performance issues and performance appraisals
- Recent experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and experience with a Human Resources Information System
- Ability to be collaborative, approachable, and empathetic in all communications
- Ability to partner with team leaders to resolve performance issues for a successful outcome
- Hands-on experience within a Human Resources Information System, preferably Ceridian Dayforce
- Act as a second point of contact for payroll processes and administration to support the Customer Experience leadership team
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to support recruitment, as needed
Who you are
- Post-Secondary degree, with a specialization in business or HR
- You can handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
- You care about the details, because you know that the little things matter
- You have a natural ability to boost morale and bring your positive energy wherever you go
- You have superior problem-solving skills and can identify the right solution for the right situation
- Care about your team and being present
- You can work independently with minimal supervision
- You’re fluent in English, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
Don't miss out on this great opportunity, apply today!
The position is only open to candidates that are legally entitled to work in Canada and are currently residing in Canada.
REFER A FRIEND BONUS: Know someone who would be great at Drake? Refer them to us and once they work 80 hours YOU will receive a $50 referral bonus. https://ca.drakeintl.com/refer-a-friend/
Since 1951, Drake International continues to be a global leader in flexible and permanent staffing: we help people find the right role at any stage of their career—in Canada, and around the world. We work directly with employers to bring you the best opportunities, with no cost to you.
Drake International Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We encourage anyone who may be looking for a new opportunity to please visit us at https://ca.drakeintl.com/