INDUSTRIAL MECHANIC - MECHANICAL MACHINERY - $35.23\HOUR - EVENING AND NIGHT - SCHEDULE 4 DAYS A WEEK - ELECTRICAL CABLE SYSTEM INDUSTRY - START QUICKLY!!!
Our client, a world leader in the cable systems industry, is currently looking for an Industrial Mechanic in St-Jérome to support production activities and maintain equipment in good condition while monitoring construction projects. electrical and control improvements. This plant specializes in the sectors of underground and submarine cables and systems for the transport and distribution of energy, special cables for applications in many different industries and medium and low voltage cables for the building and infrastructure.
Under the authority of the Director of the maintenance department, the incumbent will play an important role in the plant. Through your knowledge of industrial mechanics and your sense of priorities, you will be an indispensable resource for our team both for the execution of major repairs on production equipment, preventive maintenance, diagnostics, installation of security systems, building maintenance and to respond to emergency calls.
Working for this renowned factory means surpassing oneself in various physical tasks and contributing to the accomplishment of a dynamic company!
- Permanent job, full time, 40 hours per week, 4 days per week, 10 hour shift;
- Schedule: Either Monday to Thursday OR Tuesday to Friday, 6:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m. (possibility to slightly adjust the hours);
- Training provided by the employer. 5-day training which will be during the day exceptionally;
- Salary $30.23/hour during training and increase to $35.23/hour after training + night premium $1/hour, paid weekly!
- Full group insurance after 18 weeks; comprehensive insurance paid almost entirely by the employer;
- Defined benefit pension plan;
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (PAEF)
- Advantageous company stock purchase plan
- Equipment and protective boots provided by the employer
- And more !
Your main tasks:
- Locate breakage and determine the cause;
- Perform repairs and respond to breakages during the production shift;
- Install new equipment;
- Make recommendations for improvement or maintenance with a view to optimizing the machinery;
- Perform preventive maintenance of equipment and building;
- May be called upon to order the appropriate equipment to ensure the proper functioning of the equipment;
- Apply the required procedures in health and safety, in the environment;
- Other related tasks
- Hold a DEP in industrial mechanics
- Have at least three (3) years of experience (an asset)
- Knowledge of industrial installations
- Good knowledge of mechanical equipment
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Mastery of the French language
Apply now—we look forward to meeting you!
Since 1951, Drake International continues to be a global leader in flexible and permanent staffing: we help people find the right role at any stage of their career—in Canada, and around the world. We work directly with employers to bring you the best opportunities, with no cost to you. Sign up for job alerts and make your next move at drakeintl.com