Our client, a leader in home renovation, is actively seeking a Cabinetmaker- Red Seal preferred. This position is for someone that is interested in working with a winning team of experienced dedicated professionals. This is a family-owned company with great values that they display in all aspects of the company. This company delivers high-quality, customized cabinetry solutions and really needs someone that understands the demands of delivery of high-quality work. As a design-build firm specializing in residential projects they have successfully run projects from construction to building millwork establishing themselves as a one stop shop. Projects are diverse so expect to work in both residential, commercial/industrial environments.
What we offer:
- $25.00-28.00 an hour
- Benefits- Dental, vision and Healthcare
- Day shift
- Paid time off
Who you are:
- Highschool Diploma
- 7+ years’ experience or Certificate of Apprenticeship & Certificate of Qualification from Skilled Trades Ontario or Red Seal Cabinetmaker trade
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Good physical condition and ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- You are proficient with all shop tools and procedures.
- Have a personal vehicle and hold a valid driver's license for transportation to and from job sites.
- You are always growing and learning as a cabinetmaker. Keeping current on techniques, materials, and technologies.
- You seek opportunities to expand your knowledge and stay updated with industry trends and improve their skills.
- You are reliable and work safely.
What you are doing:
- Build, repair, finish and install residential and commercial cabinets, wooden furniture and architectural millwork using a variety of woods, laminates and other products.
- Ability to read drawings and specifications and prepare layouts.
- Sets up and operate woodworking equipment, both power and computerized, to machine wood products and composite materials
- Operate and Maintain Equipment for Veneer, Non-Wood Laminate, Polymer and Specialty Overlay Application
- Assembly, Assembly and Pre-Finish Operations.
- Specialized operations such as CNC.
- Sanding, finishing manually and machines.
- Follow company policies and adhere to health and safety regulations.
- Collaborate with team members regarding flow of work through shop and daily responsibilities.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, apply today! Have any questions? Feel free to contact us for more information.
About Drake International:
Since 1951, Drake International continues to be a global leader in flexible and permanent staffing: we help businesses find the perfect candidate and job seekers find the perfect career in Canada and across the globe. Connect with us today.