As of May 5th, 2020
Definitions: Field Staff Employee (FSE) – these are deemed to be Drake Employees who are employed as ‘Temps’ working for our clients.
At Drake International and Huntel Global, we hold ourselves to a high standard of client communication.
Over the past few weeks, we have been monitoring all communication from Public Health Agencies both in Canada and abroad. It has become clear the world is facing an unprecedented challenge. Like you, we are deeply concerned and want to do what we can to help keep our employees, field staff, clients, and their families and communities, safe and healthy during this time of uncertainty.
Here’s what we are doing:
- We have cancelled all business travel both domestically and outside of Canada.
- We are upholding a strict self-isolation policy for anyone who is a risk and are asking all team members to avoid all non-essential personal travel.
- We are requesting all visitors to our branches to schedule meetings in advance and answer a series of health-related questions to ensure we limit contact with those who are ill or have recently travelled.
- We have briefed our team members on the importance of frequent hand washing, social distancing and have increased the availability of hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes to maintain proper hygiene in all locations across Canada.
- We are following all Government guidelines and acting as ambassadors to communicate that information.
At Drake International and Huntel Global, rest assured we will continue to provide you with the best experience and highest level of service possible. Much of our business is conducted via email and telephone, and we are in the process of transitioning all our team members to work remotely without compromising our clients, candidates or field staff experience and safety. We will continue to track COVID-19 updates and directives from federal and local officials and medical experts and will continue to follow their guidance in the days and weeks ahead.
We remain committed to you our clients, and to doing our part as an organization to continually support the health and well-being of our field staff employees, candidates, and Drake International and Huntel Global team members.
We are proud to announce that our Calgary and Edmonton field staff employees are assisting with the clean-up operation from the most recent Fort McMurray flood, taking extra precaution during COVID-19.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call your nearest Drake branch directly
Will Drake be communicating to FSEs regarding how any absences they will be paid should they fall ill/need to self-isolate?
Yes. If an FSE is going to be absent for any reason, they will be communicated to by their local Drake office or recruitment consultant.
One of our FSE’s travelled to the U.S. over the weekend – I have instructed this FSE to self-isolate for 14 days. Is this proper procedure?
Yes. Self-isolation is the correct protocol in this instance. If you have done so, please ensure you are communicating your decision to your Drake representative. Prior to the FSE returning to their work assignment, they should be speaking with their local Drake office to discuss if they are medically and physically fit to return to work.
I don’t know to apply for things like Employment Insurance, Caregiver Benefits, rent subsidies, etc. Where do I find this information?
A guide developed by a Carleton University professor has been created in plain language to help those trying to access government programs in the time of coronavirus. Please find the answers to your questions here: https://t.co/jLgYqIXyGG?amp=1