Offering competitive benefits, compensation, work-life programs, and career development opportunities with an intentionally inclusive culture who is an academic leader, and one of world's greatest public research Universities. We are looking for a Caretaking Manager to be responsible for providing timely, efficient caretaking services for all non-residence buildings on campus.
What we offer:
- $67,716 - $79,002 annually
- Full comprehensive benefits
- Pension Plan
- 36.25/hour work week
What you do:
- Human Resource Management
- Attendance Management Program for CUPE staff
- WSIB Health and Safety Issues
- Building Operations
- Caretaking Operations
- Health & Safety
Who you are:
- Post-secondary degree or certificate in a relevant field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- BOMA (Building Owners and Managers’ Association) designation is an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience providing caretaking services demonstrating progressively increasing level of responsibility in staff management.
- Must have an excellent understanding of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Demonstrated experience managing a large workforce in a unionized environment.
- MUST be able to interpret and apply collective agreements.
- Experience working with budgets.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and excellent customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience with cleaning equipment and machinery such as vertical lifts, auto scrubbers and power cleaning equipment.
- Experience working with an online order system is an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Building Code is an asset.
- Familiar with LEED processes and requirements is an asset.
We encourage anyone qualified to apply with your resume and cover letter outlining your experience and skills.
Drake International is here to change your road to work. We are a leading recruitment & HR partner across Canada and worldwide, connecting people with organizations in more human ways for over 70 years. By understanding your career goals, we help navigate the job hunt to find what works for you—at no cost.
Drake International is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to championing accessibility, inclusivity, and diversity in the workplace. Accommodation is available on request at all stages of the hiring process.
We work for people so that everything works. Sign up for job alerts at drakeintl.com.